Invisalign vs. Traditional Braces
Find Out About Invisalign: Will It Work for You?
Most people have probably heard of Invisalign but don't know how it compares with traditional metal braces in as far as cost, how long the process takes and whether it works as well. Even though the final outcome of increased confidence and a gorgeous, attractive smile might appear similar - once you take a moment and truly compare Invisalign to traditional braces, the benefits turn out to be particularly obvious. Understanding the differences between the two processes up-front will allow you to make a better informed choice.
- Both Invisalign and metal braces can treat many types of cases including, underbite, overbite, openbite, as well as crowding and spacing problems.
- The cost for each process is approximately the same.
- Only Invisalign allows you to remove the appliance whenever you want or need to.
- Only Invisalign allows you to eat any food you desire - there are no restrictions because you can take the aligners out when you eat. Also, there are no broken brackets or poking brace wires to worry about because your food was too hard or crunchy.
- Only Invisalign allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally. This is especially important for those with compromised periodontal (gum) problems.
- Only Invisalign is virtually invisible. That means you don't have to feel self-conscience about how you look. Great option for public speakers, business persons, and those constantly out in public.
- Invisalign is comfortable to wear and is made of a very smooth and flexible plastic unlike metal braces which are painful a very difficult to get used to.
- In the hands of a capable provider, Invisalign allows for more efficient tooth movement, and therefore, shorter treatment times (in most cases), than traditional braces.
- Your appointments will be less frequent and shorter duration when you are treated with Invisalign.
- Invisalign allows you to play sports and musical instruments without the usual limitations that traditional braces have.
Invisalign vs. Braces - Comparison Chart